Immigration Justice Team
Leadership for UUCD’s actions including, but not limited to, activities cited in the UUCD Sanctuary Declaration.
As a Sanctuary Congregation, UUCD members agreed to:
• Be a voice for justice in the public square of Yolo County and in the Pacific Central
District and the Pacific Western Region of the UUA.
• Support UC Davis SPEAK and the AB 540 and Undocumented Center when
requested to do so by students or staff.
• Have congregants who become trained as legal observers, rapid responders,
accompaniment companions and UndocuAllies serve when called upon.
• Raise funds to support the undocumented immigrant community.
• Attend rallies and actively support selected local, state and federal legislation that
protects the immigrant and undocumented communities.
• Support the immigration work of interfaith groups and other nonprofits in Yolo
County and the greater Sacramento area when they request our assistance.
• Join Area Congregations Together/People Improving Communities Through
Organizing (Sacramento ACT/PICO) and become active with the ACT/PICO
• Continue to listen, learn and work as individuals and as a congregation to promote
justice, allowing the needs, visions and voices of the communities with whom we
work to guide us.