Celebration of Life
Celebrations of Life for church members and friends are part of the ministry of the church.
After a loved one’s death, we come together in community for a time of sacred sharing and memory.
At UUCD the ministers and the Celebrations of Life Team are here to help create that time.
What to Expect
You will meet with one of the ministers to agree on the date and time of the service and to begin planning. The minister will get to know the family and hear memories. They will also provide a template Order of Service, suggest readings and hymns, and help coordinate participants. The minister will also coordinate the accompanist. They will connect you with a member of the Celebration of Life team who will help coordinate the reception.
The Celebration of Life Team is a group of volunteers who help take care of the reception following services for UUCD Members. They provide coffee, tea, and cookies. If the family desires more, the team can make suggestions about catering, flowers, and other needs. The team will set-up the space including tablecloths and dishes, optional guest book or memory tables, and coordinate deliveries.
Celebrations of Life Include:
- Service planning with a minister
- 3 hours use of the main building
- Order of Service printing in full color (front & back of one page)
- Audio-Visual support for playing slide shows
- Video recording of the service, private link
- Private family space in the Senghas Room
- Pianist arranged by minister (additional $150 fee paid directly to musician)
- UUCD Members: Reception coordination, set-up, and clean-up (Celebration of Life Team)
Suggested Donations and Fees for Members and Friends:
- Many families ask how to offer additional gifts to the ministers and church.
- Donation to the church $500
- Donation to Minister $300
- Musician Fee $150
Fees for Non-Members:
- Church use and support fee $500
- Minister fee $300
- Musician fee $150
Memorial Grove for UUCD Members: A memorial tile may be ordered to be placed in the Memorial Grove. The cost is $200. Order form.