June 28, 10:00 AM, GA 2020 Sunday Morning Worship,
Rev. Joan Javier-Duval, sermon & Rev. Mykal O’Neal Slack, worship leader.
This powerful, communal worship experience streams on uua.org/ga at 10:00 a.m. PDT. Instructions for viewing the service.
- Rev. Joan Javier-Duval, Minister of the Unitarian Church of Montpelier, VT, is the daughter of immigrants from the Philippines, mother of a kindergartener, and spouse of a proud Vermonter. Beauty, gratitude, and love are at the heart of her faithful striving for collective liberation and a thriving planet.
- Rev. Mykal O’Neal Slack, Community Minister for Worship and Spiritual Care for Black Lives of Unitarian Universalism––an organization and growing spiritual community committed to supporting Black folx in our faith––and a co-founder of the Transforming Hearts Collective––a ministry that supports spaces for LGBTQ people to access resilience, healing, and spirituality, and resources faith communities and other groups for the work of radical inclusion and culture shift. He is a husband, and father from the South, committed to healing and truth-telling, as well as community accountability and care.
- GA Offering: The worship service will include a collection for the Tomaquag Museum, an indigenous museum featuring an extensive collection and archive of Southern New England tribal communities.
- Connecting Families, Virtual Sunday School–Nursery through 6th grade, join us on Zoom at 11:30 am. Chalice Council (4-6th) have their own breakout room. Middle School meets Sundays at 2pm; high school meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at 4pm. Look in your email for join links or ask Kate Logvy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- June Offering Recipient: Yolo Land Trust receives 1/2 Sunday offering. Agricultural land conservation keeps our rural heritage alive, fosters healthy communities, generates good jobs, supports working farms and ranches, preserves wildlife habitats.
(Donate through our website, by check sent to the church with “offering” in the memo line (UUCD, 27074 Patwin Rd, Davis CA 95616), or text UUCD Offering $50 (or whatever amount works for you) to 73256. Text rates apply.
- UUCD Share-the-Offering Nomination Form: Due 9am, June 1
Each month, a different nonprofit organization (whose work furthers our UU principles and the mission of our church) receives half of non-pledge contributions