UU the Vote at UUCD 2020
You have heard of UU the Vote, but may have wondered what it is, and what does it have to do with UUCD?
“UU the Vote” is the UUA’s campaign to engage UU congregations across the US in the 2020 electoral process.
It’s a collaborative effort by the UUA, UU State Justice Ministry networks, congregations, and partner organizations focused on
- Voter registration and mobilization;
- Combating voter suppression;
- Voter education and values-based conversation about issues ( not candidates)
- Spiritual sustenance for those involved in the struggle; and
- Providing financial and other resources to support our work for electoral justice.
Given how critical this election is, we are being asked to join UU congregations across the country to Get Out the Vote.
Three Volunteer Opportunities
Please click on this link for information on these three UU the Vote approved volunteer opportunities:
- UU the Vote for phone banking
- Reclaim Our Vote for post carding and phone banking
- Vote Forward is letter writing.
Major Changes to Our Voting Process for the November General Election
- All registered voters in California will receive a Vote By Mail ballot packet.
- The return envelope to be mailed/ dropped off must be signed and dated in black or blue ink.
- The Vote By Mail ballots will start being mailed from USPS on October 5, 2020.
- No stamps are required. All envelopes have pre-paid postage.
- Voter Assistance Centers (VAC) and Ballot Drop Off Boxes (BDB) in Yolo County:
- Due to the expected volume, the USPS recommends mailing the completed voting ballot at least 7 days prior to November 3 rd–on or prior to October 27, 2020.
- Drop off boxes are emptied at designated times during the day so ballots are counted quickly.
- Here is the link to the proposed locations for Voter Assistance Centers(VAC) and Ballot Drop Off Boxed (BDB) in Yolo County.
- There is in-person voting at the Assistance Centers.
- There is drive-through voting at the Assistance Centers for those who do not want to enter the building.
Remember to sign your voter envelope.
BALLOTS ARE ONLY ACCEPTED WHEN SIGNED.
Track your vote: California Ballot Trax – WheresMyBallot.sos.ca.gov
Tracking your vote-by-mail ballot – when it is mailed, received, and counted – has never been easier. The California Secretary of State is now offering Where’s My Ballot? – a new way for voters to track and receive notifications on the status of their vote-by-mail ballot.
Powered by Ballot Trax. Where’s My Ballot? Let’s voters know where their ballot is , and it’s status, every step of the way.
Sign-up at WheresMyBallot.sos.ca.gov to receive automatic email, SMS(text), or voice call notifications about your ballot.
Apply to be a Poll Worker
Additional poll workers are very needed for this Presidential Election.
For information go to the Yolo Elections Office https://www.yoloelections.org/poll-workers/apply-to-become-a-poll-worker
Help Save Our Post Office
Sign the petition to send to your Congressperson at
This page will be updated as needed.